Antenatal Hypnobirthing classes for new parents and their partners
In-person, down-to-earth childbirth education classes covering everything about your birth and the early days of parenthood, including evidence backed hypnobirthing techniques for a calm comfortable birth.
Birth Prep (4 sessions) £240
Postnatal Prep (2 sessions) £120
Full Course (6 sessions) £300
The 'nuts & bolts' of birth physiology. Understanding how your body works through the stages of labour, the hormonal changes and more
Your Toolbox of Techniques
Learn ways to a calmer, easier birth experience. We cover hypnobirthing techniques as well as movement, massage and positions for labour.
The Postnatal Period
Includes breastfeeding, newborn care and general survival tips.
Our approach to antenatal education is unique.
Listen to Tracy talk about BirthSense classes
Our classes include a rigorous mix of evidence-based theory and practice delivered with positivity, honesty and humour. We aim to inform you, entertain you and sometimes, to challenge you!
There are no awkward ice-breakers or getting to know each other segments. Our 10 years of experience tell us that when you facilitate a warm, welcoming and interactive learning environment, friendships develop organically. Instead, our focus is on helping you to acquire essential knowledge and develop genuinely useful skills which will actually make a difference to your experience of pregnancy, birth and beyond.
Where can you Attend a BirthSense Antenatal Class?
What Will You Learn?
The BirthSense course combines the very best elements of modern antenatal education with the most effective hypnobirthing techniques to bring you a fully comprehensive birth and early days parenting course covering everything you need to know. You can choose to attend a 4 session course focusing on birth preparation or a 2 session course focusing on the postnatal period or, for maximum value, do all 6 sessions!
Our course is a one stop shop, truly covering everything you need to know, no matter what kind of birth you are planning to have. There’s no toxic positivity, no mantra chanting, no flower-dancing or fluffy tie-dye wearing unicorns. We include everything that actually helps and nothing that doesn’t. We guarantee that after finishing our course you will feel better informed, more prepared and more confident as you prepare to meet your new baby.
The Birth Preparation Course Covers:
- The physiological, psychological and neurological/hormonal processes involved in birth. What helps and what hinders!
- Practical techniques to reduce anxiety in pregnancy, to develop a confident mindset and to access a state of deep relaxation whenever you need it.
- How your birth partner can help and support you to stay mentally and physically relaxed.
- Water birth – benefits and practical considerations for using a pool for labour and birth.
- Your options for place of birth: home, hospital or midwife led unit.
- Your legal rights to choose the care that’s right for you and get the support you need.
- How to create a relaxing – oxytocin friendly environment no matter where you are.
- How you can use movement and positioning to help your baby get into a good position and move more easily through the pelvis.
- How your partner can support you using massage and counter pressure.
- Breathing techniques for an easier birth.
- Visualisation techniques for an easier birth.
- Other options for pain relief including tens, gas and air, pethidine and epidurals.
- The phases of labour – what to expect.
- How to create a truly useful birth plan.
- How to approach decision making calmly and rationally, remain in control and still have a positive experience even if things don’t go to plan.
- Induction of labour.
- Caesarean Birth.
The Postnatal Preparation Course Covers:
- The first few hours after birth – what to expect.
- Breastfeeding – how to get things off to a good start and how to get the right support along the way. What are the most common challenges and how can you avoid or overcome them.
- Sleep and your newborn
- Crying and colic and how to soothe your newborn
- Postnatal mental health – caring for yourselves whilst caring for your baby.